Montag, 17. Juli 2017

GD Maja Designs Summer Love

Welcome my friends!


 I am very excited and honored to have been invited here this month as Guest Designer.
for Maja Designs 
Thanks so much for your invitation!

I love the sea forever and ever. That's my place for relaxation, dreaming and inspiration.
As I saw the wonderful papers I thought, amazing the right colors for sea, beach and so much more.

My first layout shows our family sunshine 'Filou' it's a sheltie and he has always so much fun on the sea. His favourite occupation is to get sticks or balls out of the water.
 
Summer Fun 

used materials
 Maja Design papers: Summer Time -Having fun-; Life by the sea -Regatta-; Life by the sea -Marina-

 Prima flowers, Scrap FX chipboards, Gauze, Texture paste white, Distress Stain Walnut ink, Embossing powder, 3D pearls, sea shells, metal embellishments, driftwood




 a crumpled craft paper with burlap leftover, some self-collected shells
 and a piece from edge stripe


some stains and splashes with paints diluted with water
together with some cut outs from the 'Marina' paper (flags and lighthouse) 


 Can you see the waves on my photo? I love the idea to continue some photo elements on the background paper. Here I used a white texture paste and a fan brush for more sea waves.

I also used some hand torn stripes together with colored gauze and a lot of little blue flowers

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good day - We don't remember days, we remember moments

Sunshine, beach, the sea and more: while the little ones dig in the biggest sandpit, the grown-ups lounge in a beach chair enjoying the sun or take a refreshing dip in the sea.

 used materials:
 Maja Design papers: Life by the sea -Sailing-, Life by the sea -Regatta-

Stencil 'Coral' Scrap FX, Clear stamps 'Maritim' Viva Decor, Dies - Lighthouse, Beach grass, Tattered flowers, white gesso, Chalkboard Glimmer Mist 'Boogie board' Tattered Angels, burlap,metal embellishment, tags, chipboard word from Scrap FX






++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Hanse Sail
 Maja Design papers: Sailing - Vintage Romance -Words of Love-, Life by the sea -Marina-
Embellishments - wooden seahorse, metalic charms, feathers, starfish, rope
3D pearls, Distress stain 'Walnut ink', chipboard wordlet Scrap FX, circle dies, stencil 'Bubbles'
embossing powder 'Burnt copper leaves'


I'm a big fan of old sailor ships. The 'Hanse Sail' shall take place once at year on the Baltic Sea. You can see there very impressive windjammers, traditional ships and museum ships. IT's really a highlight for me and my vintage soul.


So I used here more vintage colors, various brown shades and a wine red.
For the wooden seahorse I used a transparent crackle paste in combination with distress ink and a little bit copper wax creme.


some motifs from the 'Regatta' were very suitable for my photo 
and I decided to use a round die to cut out these elements

A very long post, but rich on wonderful memories
and I hope also a lot of creative
inspirations and ideas
for you!

 If I had the technology and would know how it works then there would be a video, 
the good sake is not lacking!

Thanks for your visit!
Have a nice summer my friends!
x Kerstin x

3 Kommentare:

  1. I've read several excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how so much effort you set to create this type of excellent informative website.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I just love your colors and layers and details. I really enjoy seeing them.

    AntwortenLöschen

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!