Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2017

Halloween series - Witching Hour

Welcome!

  I love fantasy stories  in spooky forests with misty figures and phenomens, where the fog creates eerie optical effects.
Halloween time is near and so I had a lot of fun to create a little witches house with this amazing wooden shapes from Calico Craft Parts.




look before I started with decoration and painting

basically colored with Chalky finish Paint Vintage from Decoart and Glimmermist from Tattered Angels 'Woven Burlap' and a little bit water diluted black color

some close up's



I'm  always fascinated from this natural wooden shape look and I think it isn't always necessary to paint them, or?!
I only used orange and black acrylic colors, 
the classical Halloween shades with a little bit shimmer, to paint some wooden shapes



 

oh what is that??? a phenomenal magic effect ;-)


an old weathered roof
I want to share this Halloween inspiration project here
Frilly and Funkie 'Tis Near Halloween'

Happy crafting!
Kerstin

6 Kommentare:

  1. I love your "Witching Hour", Kerstin!
    Great textures as always and that colour scheme works just brilliantly! Love those pops of orange against the dark, gloomy greys, whites and blacks! Great job with the Calico Craft Parts too - and what I love most is that this project is so "you"!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This is a Calico Halloween treat, Kerstin - brilliant use of the Craft Parts and great mixed media effects. Just fabulous!
    Alison x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautifully spooky house! Love the little details in each room all blending together to create the overall haunted house! Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie "Tis Near Halloween" Challenge!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Oh, what a treat to see not one, but two of your awesome Halloween creations in one morning! I am oohing and aaahing over all these delicious spooky details and effects! (What's with the star?) Another project I wish I could see in person to turn it over and examine every detail from every angle! You are amazing! Oops almost forgot to do my DT thing and thank you for playing along in my Halloween challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Many many thanks Sara and ...one star must always light up ;-) Hugs Kerstin xx

      Löschen
  5. Great little House with lots of wonderful elements to look at and a perfect colour palette for Halloween. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    AntwortenLöschen

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!