Samstag, 22. Juli 2017

DT Scraps of Darkness - Seaside ATB

Hello!

today a new inspiration for our month  June SOD 'Seaside Kits'.
As mentioned in my last post, I'm a big fan from this amazing
 'Sand and SEA' layered die cut embellishments. 

I'm not only a traditionell scrapbooker, my great passion are also projects for home decoration, always in mixed media style.
 So I decided to make an Artist trade block - ATB, easy and quick and now 
our new eyecatcher in bathroom.

 





I used an old square wooden block as basic. I take a brush and apply a thin layer of white 'Antiquing cream' from DecoArt. Then add some areas with white texture paste, mostly on edges. Let it dry and now you can use a Distress Crayon 'Salty Ocean' for some blue shades over the texture paste. 
Then you can start with decorating your project.



I also used some word stickers from the new Kaisercraft collection




 an amazing little tiny starfish, some Ice Queen Prills, a piece of  Coral Mesh Netting and some small dragonfly metal embellishments, all that materials can you find in our various month kits
which you can find here 
  

The flowers and leaves from 49 and market are really wonderful, I thought it would be a beautiful 
'headdress' for this sea inspired ATB. 
Finally I colored all pieces and sides with a soft blue acrylic paint and added also some shells on the top of the flower. 
Together with a circle chipboard, decosand and some pearls it was very suitable for me.


Happy crafting!

x Kerstin x

9 Kommentare:

  1. Gorgeous art block Kerstin! I love the whole underwater sea theme, the details on this are just amazing! I am sure it looks fabulous in your bathroom :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Love the texture and the theme, mesmerizing

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. A beautifully decorated art block. Wonderful textures, soft colours and details.
    Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Amazing work! Love details and elements!
    Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media & Art!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I am in love again thank you very much for your participation in MMA.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Stunning! Thanks for playing with MMA!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Beautiful! Thank you for playing with Mixed Media & Art!

    AntwortenLöschen

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!