Wednesday, January 25, 2017

DT Scrap of Darkness ' Botanique' II

Welcome!

Today another idea what you can make with our beautiful January kit 'Botanique'.
My idea was to use an old wooden bird house 
as home decor piece for my new springtime decoration.


I painted everything with a coat of DecoArt White Gesso and let it dry.
Then I started my alteration by using some Decoupage glue
 to apply a layer of old music paper. 
Only some areas I coated with Crackle white paste. 
When everything was dry I applied a layer ofDecoArt Media Antiquing cream 'Raw umber' 
 into the cracks and about the whole house and an aged look was ready.

 

I found on the 'Mother Earth' paper from G 45 Nature Sketchbook Collection
 a lot of motifs, which are very suitable for this bird house in nature look.
 So I cut out a yellow flower, fern leaves, butterflies and the funny grasshopper 
and glue it also to edge and as 3D (butterflies).



three small chipboards as roofing tiles


a burlap ribbon as bow and stripe together with two chitchat stickers
- blooming freedom -
 and my house was finished

Thanks for your visit!
Happy crafting!
Kerstin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!