Friday, October 18, 2019

Beware - Dark Times

Hello friends!

 There are times when you're just shocked, stunned and speechless.
 But that's part of life, too, and somehow you have to deal with it. 

I like to flee into the creative world to express my feelings. 



 - The greater the artist, the greater the doubt

leap and the net will appear -


I'm afraid for this dream dancer the net was too far away or just not big enough!


At first sight only a Halloween shadow box in mixed media style
but for me it means more.
 A little bit crazy and macabre and maybe hard to understand, but this headstone  

(T. Holtz Alteration cutting die from the section - Oldie but Goldie - )


is meant to instill courage and hope for me in dark times.


some details 







Feel free to ask me, if you have some questions how I created this shadow box!

 

Frilly and Funkie - It's Halloween


Hope for better times!

Kerstin xo


7 comments:

  1. Wowww, Kerstin! I think this may be my favorite from the season, and I love that it has meaning for you! I love your stone effects and those haunting leaves! There is just one of many questions on how you create (I would love to be a moth on your craft room wall!): Are those skeleton leaves and how did you create with them? So many wonderful details; I could sit and stare all day! Thanks so much for sharing in our'It's Halloween' challenge on the Funkie Junkie Blog. Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to read your comments Sara, thanks so much!! yes, silver skeleton leaves, but they're bought at a florist's deko shop, I only stuck it on :-). Hugs, Kerstin xx

      Delete
  2. There are so many beautiful details in this shadow box with such a lovely inspirational quote! The way the skeleton is sprawled in the corner is the perfect detail to your amazing scene! Thanks for playing along in the The Funkie Junkie Boutique It's Halloween Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back to say I've just noticed your initials carved into the tombstone. You clever girl, you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super spooky. Love all the texture and fabulous colour. The skeleton is quite dapper with his top hat. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowowowow this is amazing!!!!!! I love all the deatils : ) Thanks for joining us for our challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congratulations on being one of our top three at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog! It was so hard picking a favorite, even from your three entries--they are all winners in my opinion! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!