Sunday, July 5, 2020

It's magic - An ornate owl in forest

Hi creative friends!

I was inspired to create a new glass bottle in altered art.  On the last three bottles I worked with chipboards, wooden shapes and moulds. now I wanted to try out if this also works with cutting dies and can trigger this magic lighting effect.

I always love to make my projects very lively and close to nature. 
For this bottle I developed the idea of building a roof out of bark.


Tips & Tricks 

DIY a bark roof




Sizzix 3D Texture fades 'Lumber'
Sizzix Bigz 'Planks'
Ranger Distress stain -walnut stain -
Distress crayon -vintage photo-




1. first punch out different sizes of the planks

2. embossing a wooden structure

3. use firstly Distress Stain and then the Distress crayon, I like to smudge it with my fingers

4. I divided some planks again and applied a total of 10 strips around the bottle with
    construction ahesive

5.  for a better fixation I have wrapped a firm strip around it and I bent the lower ends
     slightly upwards

6. now you can decorate the whole bark roof, I used moss, ivy leaves (Sizzix cutting die
   'Garden Greens' and  jute


 

some close up's



the owl is so old and wise that it has already grown moss



 





I also used some another cutting dies from Sizzix 

Bigz Die 'Branches'; 'Branch Tree'; 

Thinlits 'Ornate Owl'; 'Stacked Archway'; Garden Greens
Texture fades die Tree Rings



Happy sunday!

Kerstin



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!