Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Lantern - On a frosty morning

 

 Hello everyone!

 

 Have you discovered the new lantern kit at Calico Craft Parts ???


I love lanterns that spread warmth and light, especially during the dark season.

Today the version with gothic windows. I chose the birch wood version with perspex

 and added some MDF parts. 

I treated the perspex windows with frost spray, which creates

 beautiful ice flowers and provides a magical atmosphere.

 When the electric tea light is lit, it looks like a sunrise on a frosty morning.

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 Creative Tip:

 

 The MDF parts were not painted but finished with white gesso

 using the dry brush technique. 

This creates a good contrast to the warm birch wood tone.

The lantern was shaded only at the corners with liquid walnut ink.

 

some close up's

 

 



 used MDF shapes

 

 

 

 

 

 Thanks for stopping by...until next lantern 😀!

Kerstin

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I read every time your blog, it's wonderful. I love it. Greettings from Spain

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!