Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Magic Winter Time

Welcome friends!

Recently we have made a beautiful winter trip in the mountains 'Harz'.  
Snow and ice magically transformed the landscape into a winter fairy tale.

... and then we discovered a beautiful castle that looks like
 it was torn right from the pages of a storybook


I choose for my mixed media layout the ”Sparkle” paper 
  more details here 


 I started as always by applying a coat of clear gesso on the background and then I cut out a handmade half moon from a white structure paper. I painted the moon with some watercolors and a little bit glitter paint and some deco stars for a magical effect. 

It was a good background for a Dusty Attic chipboard and 
some winter trees made with cutting dies.

and  some another close up's


a small cluster in the upper left corner 
  snow texture and glitter paints for some dreamy winter impressions


another bigger cluster made with frosted roses,
 silver winter berries, feathers and laces



I framed the cut out photo with a chipboard and used the moon as magical background.
  I colored the flourish frame with white acrylic paint only on some places and white embossing powder to match to a wintry layout.  


  a wooden tree disc, snow paint and some paper leftovers


and a beautiful saying on a tag as addition and memory on a wonderful day

 used Maja Design papers from the 'Joyous Winterdays' collection


Many thanks for your visit
and I hope I could inspire you to create your very own, amazing idea.

Mixed Media & Art January Coolness
I was inspired from the wonderful
natural texture and the wintry mood

 

Happy crafting!
Kerstin xo


3 comments:

  1. Spectacular Kerstin..beautiful.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout with beautiful details and layers! Thank you so much for playing with us at Mixed Media & Art!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!