Monday, November 30, 2020

Altered Art Bottle - Winter Magic

 Welcome creative friends!

 

I was inspired to create another glass bottle in Altered Art 

suitable to the magic christmas time.

 


Tips & Tricks

 

 

Firstly I covered the whole bottle with Weathered Wood, a crackle medium from DecoArt,then, after a drying time, I painted that with Chalky Finish 'Serene'. 

The middle section was painted with diluted paint for better visibility of the door windows.

 

 

I love it to decorate the flat MDF shapes with 3d effects using a silicone cake mould 'Gothic window'

with air drying clay, only the outer frame of the mould was used



one of the

Sheet of Mini MDF Street Lamps 

was perfect
for a hanhing lantern over the window
so that it is well fixed, it was pressed into the not yet completely dried clay
 and additionally fixed with construction adhesive this glue fixes all MDF shapes
 very well on glass, but you should note that it has to dry overnight for a stable hold


 
under the window was glued

Rectangle Shape

 in small size as terrace, which gets additional hold by the swirls of the

Winter Trees & Snow Swirls

 

some close up's

 

 



 

Calico Craft Parts used: 

 

Gothic Stone Window - MDF Wood Shape

Winter Trees & Snow Swirls

Sheet of Mini MDF Street Lamps

Picket Fence Panel MDF Wood Shape - Style 3

Fir Boughs - MDF Wood Corner

Mini Star Wreath

Sheet of Mini MDF Acorns & Oakleaves

 Rectangle Shape - MDF Mixed Media Board

other materials:

Snow -Tex DecoArt

white acrylic paint

brown jute

 

Wish you a happy advent season!

Kerstin

7 comments:

  1. This is incredible Kerstin, I came over to check out your Steampunk Winter special creation but have been greeted with this amazing creation. I have so many saved bottles, I'm inspired to create with them now. Thank you for sharing you are so clever and talented.
    Happy, safe & creative December Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracey, that means a lot to me! Happy advent season! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi I've just come across your beautiful blog and amazing creation! Hugs Zowie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I've just come across your beautiful blog and amazing creation! I love this so much! Hugs Zowie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having difficulty finding the silicone cake mould 'Gothic window'. Could you tell me where you found yours? I absolutely love your bottle!!! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, it isn't a mould, Gothic window is a MDF shape from Calico Craft Parts, I see I forgot the link above, I will add it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the frame is from a mould, some years old, but I found a link here https://www.joom.com/de/products/5f55a28bb78f860106cfcec1

      Delete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!