Samstag, 24. Juni 2017

DT CCB Antiques - Tutorial

Welcome!

I saw on my latest fleamarket visit a little, very old drawer. They show many signs of degradation. 
Nevertheless I have liked this, because it was a very suitable size for a new(old) shadow box.
I remembered on the new Architexture collection, especially on this beautiful typewriter and I thought, yes that's the perfect combination.




 






used materials from Tattered Angels
and other companies

Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Chocolate Brown
 Tattered Angels Baseboard Lava
7 gypsies Architextures Treasures Typewriter
7 gypsies Architextures Paper Market signs
Canvas corp Black & Craft French Linen Stripe
Canvas corp Artsy sampler of craft
old drawer
Tim Holtz Vintage Portraits
Americana Decor Creme Wax Brown
Acryl Media Fluid Black
Crackle Glaze
Distress stain walnut
some pins, one chipboard, rub on transfer,
embellishments (clock, glass, little book....)
old book page 
decoupage glue

Scissors



 How I do this



I repaired  the backside and gave her a new coat of paint.
I used dark brown wax with a little bit black acrylic paint for the outer sides.


 I glued an old bookpage with a decoupage glue.


 cut out your chosen motive 


 tear 4 stripes and distressed the edges with walnut stain


 glue it on the backfront


 I added some spray and splatters for a more time-worn effect


the lettering Antiques is attached only to the outer two ends
now use the pins for fastening cutouts



for another wheathered look
I used a crackle glaze paint together with the two above mentioned Mist sprays



 typewriter is self-adhesive, but I wanted this piece as a 3D element, 
so I have used a small piece cardboard as a spacer 

Then I have added a little wooden chipboard with a rub on transfer
and glued it behind this findings sticker
now it looks like a typed page

now you can added some little embellishments
just as you wish

  Happy weekend!
Kerstin

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!