Friday, March 1, 2019

Lucky is a star of mind

Welcome everybody!



  I'm back with a new inspiration for you. 
So let's start with our monthly challenge at SASPC
- it is - as usual - an

themed challenge and all kinds of projects (except digitally created ones) are welcome! 
So show us your tags, cards, art journal pages, canvases,
 altered objects, drawings, paintings, sketches....
whatever you're up to as long as it fits our challenge themes 
steampunk or industrial. 



I was inspired to create another mixed media project.
 I was very impressed by the last lunar eclipse, a wonderful inspiration.

I cut a half moon out of corrugated cardboard and then embossed it 
with a Sizzix Embossing folder, that was my basic. 
Then I colored the moon with metalic color, 
the edges of the moon were painted with texture paste,
 over it came black gesso (all products from DecoArt).
Now it was time to decorate, I used  cutting dies, metal embellishments, 
chipboards from Boozybear and paperdolls (T. Holtz). 
Finally the surfaces were treated with Metallic Lustre 'Black Shimmer + 'Silver (DecoArt).
  
used materials from DecoArt


some close up's






We are looking forward to see your new creations! 

I want to share this here
Simon says stamp Monday challenge
Vintage/ Past Time  

A Vintage Journey
Celebrate the journey - Happy Birthday 

Wow!!  5 years it is already, a time full of inspirations and suggestions, which I enjoyed very much. Congratulations and a big thank you for all the detailed instructions.

I love to try out ideas and also like to take myself into the world of fantasy. 
Today my project shows a creative fantasy journey to the moon in industrial grunge style, but it also contains an important saying for me, namely to go other ways when the real one doesn't work. Especially in crafting as well as in real life there is never only one way the right one.
My best wishes for the next years! xx
Happy crafting!
Kerstin

8 comments:

  1. Awesome make, Kerstin! Love your message behind this and your inspiration for it. That moon is awesome, and you've built so much into this. hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore everything about this project! colors, fabulous design, sparkling elements.... Amazing! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This project is amazing Kerstin! I love the corrugated crescent moon, the industrial metallic part is such a clever addition, giving it a wonderful steampunk feel to it! You have embellished it beautifully too. Thanks so much for joining in with us for our 5th Birthday at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this part of your creative journey Kerstin, what a fabulous mixed media project and story behind it. The textures and elements work perfectly together as does the black, silver and brown palette. Thanks for sharing your journey for our birthday challenge at AVJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerstin this is a wonderful celebration of your creative journey and imagination x I love all the details and emebellishments...it is amazing.
    Great to have you join in with us for our celebration challenge x It's been anamazing 5 years thanks to our followers xx


    Best Wishes
    Annie CG x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerstin, I've enjoyed your art for as long as I've enjoyed the inspiration at A Vintage Journey! I'm so happy your shared this beautiful steampunk version of your creative journey with us in our 5th year Celebration. I'm loving all the details and gorgeous grungy texture! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back to say congratulations on your well deserved Spotlights at SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible, atmospheric collaging - just a joy! Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey to celebrate our 5th birthday.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!