Monday, June 29, 2020

Mixed Media Bottle - Under the Sea DT Dusty Attic

Welcome creative friends!


I was inspired to create a steampunk bottle in altered art, because
I discovered my creative passion for upcycling projects, especially for glass bottles.


 I used a liquor bottle as base and worked with some awesome chipboards and some mixed media products from Finnabair, DecoArt and Ranger.


 


 

 Tips & Tricks



 1 I glued all the chipboards and texture elements with 
    construction adhesive on the glass bottle

 2 primed with two chalky finish paints from DecoArt

3 I love to use diluted colours - here two Distress Sprays

        colours for the deepenings, this creates interesting effects

4 some grungy effects with Rust Effect Paste (Finnabair)
   and highlighted with wax cremes


some close up's


I was in love with this special porthole, it consists of two parts, 
which are glued together, a porthole with 3D effect, my favourite.
I extended it with two pipes suitable to steampunk style.



 and another favourite of mine, this very amazing seadragon
created with embossing powder and diluted acrylic paint



 The bottle had an inappropriate imprint embossed in the glass on the side, 
which had to be concealed. The new borders were ideally suited for this.



 in illuminate state with battery cylinder lighting







used Dusty Attic chipboards

can you find here


Thanks for your visit!

Happy crafting!

Kerstin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!